Thursday, February 6, 2014

Let me know if I'm being too logical...



Is this too logical? If so, please let me know.

Republican House Majority Whip Eric Cantor is proposing a “replacement bill” in opposition to ObamaCare before the November elections. For months, years, Obama and the Democrats have claimed the Republicans “don’t have a better way.”

I have.

I'd start with adopting the five most popular, most 'cherry-picked,' items currently in ObamaCare:

1.) Kids under age 26 can be covered under parents’ policy; that’s 3.4 million of them, or about 1% of the population.
2.) Cover pre-existing conditions.
3.) Extend tax credits to small businesses to aid in employer provided coverage.
4.) Employers with 50 or more employees must provide coverage for full-time employees (IMO, those working 40 hours weekly or salaried).
5.) Provide subsides (money) again, IMO, to the proven disadvantaged who can’t afford to buy coverage.

After that, these are my suggestions...

6) I’d throw out all of the rest of the existing bill and its 20,000+ pages of regulations, beginning with the idiotic provision that says a 30 hour work-week is considered full time.

7.) I’d request that the respective states allow outsiders to buy health coverage across state lines. We do it every day with auto insurance. What better way to stimulate competition and lower premiums?

8.) Institute national Tort Reform. For those of you in Rio Linda, that means the banning of frivolous law suits charging innocent physicians and health care providers with malpractice.

The last three suggestions were part of what the Republicans originally proposed back in 2009; proposals to which Obama and the Dems strongly objected and brushed aside as "mere talking points." I referred to them as “Baby steps” in several blogs I wrote at the time.

Lastly, I'd request that all health insurance providers do their best to reinstate everyone's previous policies, forgetting the "one size fits all" fiasco that Obama and his cohorts forced on everyone.

 Obviously, the old system wasn’t perfect, but what is? Why would I intentionally demolish my entire house if I only wished to remodel my kitchen?

As always, thanks for your time, Jaq~

No comments:

Post a Comment